The Tyranid project I started in late 2020 is finished.
The prospect of an upcoming game (in person! With a real living human!) spurred me to finish the last few squads in two marathon sessions.
Every model in this army was purchased second-hand. The vast majority (including all the 'gaunts) had to be stripped and repainted. Still, the final results are worth it.
120 Termagants, 3 Pyrovores, and 1 Tervigon.
20 Gargoyles, 2 flying Hive Tyrants (one based on the old Forgeworld kit, one in plastic), 3 Lictors, and 8 Zoanthropes (including 6 Alien Brain Larva from Trollforged Miniatures).60 Hormagaunts, 1 Tervigon.
32 Genestealers, 2 Broodlords, 1 Carnifex.
9 Raveners, 1 Trygon, 1 Slitherer (Red Terror), 3 Venomthropes, 1 Toxicrene, 3 Biovores, 24 Spore Mines, 1 Barbed Hierodule.
3 Hive Guard, 6 Mucolid Spores, 2 Carnifexes w. Crushing Claws, 2 Carnifexes w. Quad Devourers, 2 Carnifexes w. Twin Venom Cannons, 3 Tyrant Guard, 9 Ripper Swarms, 20 Devilgants, 1 Hive Tyrant w. Venom Cannon, 1 Hive Tyrant w. Quad Boneswords, 1 Warrior Prime, 9 Tyranid Warriors.
- Black primer.
- Airbrush chitin in Vallejo 71.023 (Hemp). Highlighted up with a few drops of green and white
- Airbrush carapace in Vallejo 71.075 (Sand Ivory). Highlighted up with a few drops of white.
- Ink with Vallejo 73.300 (Sepia wash).
- Drybrush carapace with Pallid Wych Flesh.
- Touch up chitin with a 1:1 mix of Pallid Wych Flesh and Castellan Green.
- Tongues and biomorphs in Xereus Purple, Pink Horror, and a dilute layer of Flesh Tearers Red.
- Teeth, eyes, and biomorphs receive a wash of Gloss Nuln Oil.
- Base in a 1:1 mix of Vallejo 26.809 Industrial Thick Mud and Vallejo 28.807 European Mud.
- Touch up base rims.