Here's another round of updated HamWarmer 24.5 PDFs. Testing will continue until I lose interest, civilization collapses, or I achieve perfect balance.
I'm reasonably happy with the results so far. Alternating activation makes the game feel much more dynamic. It's trivial to put together a list.
- Units no longer collide during the Fight Phase, then mutually decide to flee in the Morale phase.
- Tau do more Tau Things for the Tau Empire.
- Psykers made slightly less scary.
- Units can now Infiltrate on Turn 1.
- Carnifexes move at a sensible speed.
- Synapse ranges tweaked.
- Many points cost changes.
And finally, here are a few pics from a test game.
The scenario pit the Imperial Fists against a Tyranid invasion force. Four groups of civilians were trying to escape a doomed spaceport. The Imperial Fists scored points for each shuttle or vehicle that successfully launched, and the Tyranids scored points for each civilian devoured.
Meanwhile, Spore Mines rain down on the battlefield, inflicting a few superficial injuries but ultimately doing little to deter the Astartes.
A Lictor destroys one shuttle, but it is a minor victory for the Hive Mind. The majority of the precious biomass in the spaceport escapes... for now.