2019/11/12

OSR: 1d1000 Mutations

I've created a PDF of my 1d500 Biological and 1d500 Supernatural mutations. About a quarter of them were significantly edited, rewritten, or replaced. Most purely mental mutations are gone. Others were revised based on playtesting. Some are minor, some are major, and a rare few are deadly. All, I hope, are interesting.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BpQaWQvf6ZSRom24-8CRs5ZgIhrsfa36/view?usp=drive_open

PDF


The PDF also a condensed mutation table, guidance on applying mutations, and a few other useful tips. It's the biggest mutation table... in the world. Not really.
With thanks to:

Elf Maids & Octopi (indexed here).
Scrap Princess (Monster Manual Sewn From Pants) (table 1 and 2)
Joeskythedungeonbrawler

Arnold Kemp (Goblin Punch)


Arnold's post covers why mutations are great. This list is also suitable for creating degenerate quarter-lings for Ultraviolet Grasslands or the effects of thaumic fallout from Magical Industrial Revolution.If you like this sort of thing, try Red Box Vancouver's The Metamorphica. More mutations!

11 comments:

  1. Some of my favorite posts to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work but how are you rolling a d1000?

    I've seen tenfootpolemic suggest a 1d200 as rolling a d10 and a d20 but reading the number together starting with the d20. so a roll of a 19 and a 3 = 193.

    Would you suggest something similar but with 4d10 and using a different coloured die for each place value?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're overthinking it. A d100 is rolled using 2 d10s. So a d1000 can be rolled on 3 d10s.

      Delete
    2. Thanks!

      Rolled 31 today "pheromones" and there is a typo in the description. Repels has an extra "s" in it.

      Delete
  3. Do you have a list of all the changes you made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess a better question would've been, how much has stayed the same :D

      Delete
  4. Skerples this is a wonderful list, ive been working on transforming it into something usable in another game system- Is your blogspot an acceptable place to credit or is there something preferable?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking to print this in a personal "dmg" of a bfrpg hack I've been writing; would you be alright with me using it in this matter? If so, is there a plain-text or doc version available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on how it's being published, I suppose. I'm planning on putting this in a future book, so I can't easily release it under a creative commons license. I don't have a plain text version either; it's the PDF above, extracting the html data from the previous linked posts, or nothing, sorry.

      Delete
    2. I apologize for my late reply! My project has actually morphed to be just a small player's booklet (in which I need no mutations) and my personal DM binder, in which I intend to just print off the pdf and throw it in. Thanks for your work; I eagerly await the book you mentioned.

      Delete