General ReasonsEndon is the place to:
- Buy the latest fashions .
- Buy the most potent weapons .
- Meet the most elegant, refined, beautiful, seductive, poetic, educated, etc. people.
- Meet people from any part of the world.
- Sell magic items for the most money .
- Get leads on the most profitable ventures.
|Sean Andrew Murray|
- Your skills are in high demand in Endon.
- Your obscure traditions might provide new insights.
- Your projects could take an enormous leap forward by standing on Endon's shoulders.
- A mentor, tutor, or ally has asked for a report on state-of-the art magical industry.
- Endon has the best swords.
- If you play your cards right the people of Endon will treat you like a foreign prince.
- It's a good idea to scout a city before you raise a horde and burn it to the ground.
- All the comforts of the world can be bought in Endon.
- It's not just a city, it's the city! The Big Gryphon! The City That Sleeps With One Eye Open! If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.
- Your style of music might become fashionable.
- Perhaps you could infiltrate the Monarch's social set and find a royal patron.
- Enchanted instruments and music are underdeveloped in Endon.
- You received a divine apocalyptic vision. The details were fuzzy but Endon was definitely involved.
- Endon is largely without faith. You could make many converts.
- Holy books have a lot to say about cities that aspire to godlike powers. Someone ought to warn them.
- A senior religious figure from your order was invited to participate in an ecumenical debate on necromancy. You were sent instead.
- The balance between nature and civilization has gone to hell, to put it mildly. Endon is to blame. You're sure it will all end in tears.
- The unhappy spirits of rare animals are drifting across the land. How did they get here?
- Some wizards dug up your order's ancient standings stones and carted them away to use as magic-resistant gravel. Get revenge.
- If there's one place a new kind of urban druid could emerge, it's Endon.
- Endon's army is notoriously professional. Joining them, even on paper, would enhance your reputation.
- For a price, wizards in Endon will forge custom weapons of awe-inspiring power.
- A local ruler, worried about a rising power, asked you to send reports on Endon's progress.
- It's never too early to work on a comfortable genteel retirement.
- Where better to test your detachment from material wealth than the wealthiest city in the world?
- Some eccentric wizards believe the human body is capable of unconscious spellcasting.
- Endon is twisting the hidden fabric of fate. Something momentous will happen here.
- Your order has ancient and powerful enemies. Could they be hiding in Endon?
- Something is wrong with the system. Endon prospers; her people suffer. Right wrongs.
- You received direct divine orders. Something will happen in Endon. Not right away, but soon. Stand by for further instructions.
- Powers in opposition to your faith seek to use Endon's prosperity for their own purposes. Thwart them.
- Charity goes far in Endon, yet Endon's power could raise the living standards of the whole world.
- Rare animals and their handlers are fashionable in Endon.
- Your quarry hides in the most turbulent city in the world.
- If you need a very specific kind of weapon or poison, Endon can supply it.
- The spells you learn are rarely studied or industrialized. Perhaps there's an opportunity to revolutionize a field.
- Paltry wizards and bookworm mages have no idea what true power is. You can show them.
- Endon's industries are slowly drawing raw magic out of the rest of the world and dumping it into the local environment. Sorcerers feel it first.
- The air in Endon is saturated with raw magic. Your abilities may be enhanced.
- You are a living and stable magic battery. You can find employment anywhere.
- There's a lot to steal in the richest city in the world.
- Assassinations are unfashionable in Endon but someone will always want someone dead.
- Using the minor magic items Endon produces in unexpected ways could make someone very wealthy.
- It's a good idea to make contact with potential buyers before you raid a tomb or dungeon.
- You are drawn to power; Endon is very powerful. Any need can be satisfied.
- Many desperate or ambitious souls in Endon can resist anything but temptation.
- Your patron may want to nudge Endon towards a spectacular end or steer it away from an unripe apocalypse.
- If you regret your pact, the key to breaking it may lie in Endon.
Wizards/Magic-UsersThe reasons should be obvious, but just in case:
- Study at Loxdon College, now the most famous magic university in the world.
- Learn peerless spells, breed new ones, or conduct magic experiments.
- Develop entirely new magical industries.
- Become famous or infamous.